NAGA CITY — In its last broadcast on August 28, 2020, TV Patrol Bicol pays tribute to the people behind ABS-CBN Bicol, its colorful beginnings, and the people whom they have helped along the way.
Anchors, reporters, and its staff reminisce their time in covering the region’s biggest stories, as its mother network, ABS-CBN, failed on its bid to renew its broadcast franchise this year, subsequently affecting its operations.
A number of its viewers and those interviewed also fondered memories, support, and the essence of localized news and information brought about by TV Patrol Bicol and ABS-CBN Bicol.
ABS-CBN Bicol, with its local programs “Marhay na Aga Kapamilya” and “TV Patrol Bicol” is among the 12 regional stations that will cease its programs and operations.
ABS-CBN’s regional stations broadcasting its local TV Patrol newscasts that bid farewell are:
- TV Patrol North Luzon (Baguio, Dagupan, Ilocos, Isabela and Pampanga)
- TV Patrol Bicol (Naga, Legazpi)
- TV Patrol Southern Tagalog (CALABARZON)
- TV Patrol Palawan
- TV Patrol Negros (Negros Occidental, Negros Oriental)
- TV Patrol Panay (Iloilo, Capiz, Aklan, Antique, Guimaras)
- TV Patrol Central Visayas (Cebu, Dumaguete, Bohol)
- TV Patrol Eastern Visayas (Samar, Leyte)
- TV Patrol North Mindanao (Misamis Oriental, Misamis Occidental Lanao Del Norte, CARAGA, Dipolog)
- TV Patrol South Central Mindanao (SOCSKSARGEN, Cotabato)
- TV Patrol Southern Mindanao (Davao), and
- TV Patrol Chavacano (Zamboanga)
Watch the final newscast of TV Patrol Bicol below: